See attached Job Description below for more information.
The Director of Worship is an approximately 8-10 hour a week staff position at Westview Church. The overall responsibility is to plan, assemble, and coordinate the logistics necessary to lead the Westview Church congregation in worship of the Triune God.
- provide creative and artistic direction for the thoughtful, passionate, and Spirit-led worship of God for weekly and special worship services
- recruit, equip, empower, and oversee volunteers and leaders for the multi-faceted features of worship (including but not limited to: vocalists, instrumentalists, A/V techs)
- oversee music selection and performance process ensuring that worship is culturally relevant, spiritually sound, thematically fitting and invites authentic connection with God
- relationally engage the congregation during worship
- communicate regularly with the Pastor of Teaching and Leadership regarding worship services; including Leadership Team and monthly 1:1
- utilize online and software services to plan and communicate all necessary items for worship services
- assist other ministries with worship elements as needed (VBS, Christmas Program, etc.)