Several people have stopped me and asked about fasting, in particular, regarding our week of fasting and prayer coming October 24-31.
First of all fasting is purely voluntary. None the less, I invite you to pray about deepening your prayer experience with the potent spiritual discipline of a fast of some sorts.
If you don’t already know of the power and importance of fasting, here are some helpful facts:
- Fasting was a common spiritual practice in both the Old and New Testament. For example, Moses fasted at least two recorded forty-day periods. Jesus fasted 40 days and reminded His followers to fast, “when you fast,” not if you fast.
- Fasting and prayer can help restore the loss of the “first love” for your Lord and result lead you into a more intimate relationship with Jesus.
- Fasting is a biblical way to truly humble yourself in the sight of God (Psalm 35:13; Ezra 8:21). King David said, “I humble myself through fasting.”
- Fasting enables the Holy Spirit to reveal your true spiritual condition, sometimes resulting in brokenness, repentance, and a transformed life.
- While fasting the Holy Spirit many times will remind you of scripture and His truth will become more meaningful to you!
- Fasting can transform your prayer life into a richer and more personal experience.
- Fasting can result in a dynamic personal revival in your own life-and help make you a channel of service, ministry and revival to others.
- Fasting and prayer are the only disciplines that fulfill the requirements of II Chronicles 7:14:
“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
If you fast, you will find yourself being humbled and as He leads gently leads you to recognize and repent from unconfessed sin, you will experience blessings from God.
Friends, this is not an indictment of anything or an accusation of something. Rather, the week of prayer and fasting is an invitation to greater intimacy with Christ, greater power through the Holy Spirit and greater sensitivity to the leading of our Heavenly Father. Three things we desperately need everyday, three things we need especially now in the life of Westview and three things our that should be growing in all our lives!
Have a great week!
Sciarpa Burberry Fashion shows are about the theatrics
Pamella Roland’s spring 2015 presentation
Louis Vuitton Canada antm period 13 situation 9
miss Elegance in an Age of Crisis at the Museum at F
Louis Vuitton Laukut From Old City to Center City to Franklin Mills Mall
Kinky Boots The Tall and Sexy Boots in Trend
burberry cashmere scarf If you have a cool blue based look
Affordable Full Lace Wigs Sacramento
louis vuitton handbags a personal fashion show may be a great party plan
Q with Bay Area Fashion Stylist Ferriss Mason
woolrich jas Ken Horton our Yoda
Practical Steps For A Successful Catalog Printing
North Face jackets Had the dress been plain black
The Act Of Wearing Cheap Nike Shoes
woolrich jassen sale leading to ankle